OrthoNebraska now offers virtual care in certain cases, allowing you to visit with your orthopaedic surgeon and other members of your care team.
These visits are conducted using a technology called Zoom. This page is a guide to using Zoom for Healthcare, based on the device of your choice.
You will receive a text reminder the day before and thirty (30) minutes prior to your scheduled appointment, as well as confirmation and reminder emails at the time of scheduling, 24 hours and thirty (30) minutes prior to your appointment.
Please note: These emails will contain the link to join your virtual care session, so we recommend saving them in your email inbox so they are readily available.
- Apple Devices
- Android Devices
- Windows Desktop
- In your reminder or confirmation email, click on the “Click to Join Zoom Meeting” link.
2. Click “OK” to open the link in the external app.
3. If you already have the app installed you can click “Join Meeting”. If you have never used Zoom before, you can click on “Download from App Store” and select “Open App Store”
4. In the app store, select “Get” and enter your Apple credentials or use your fingerprint to authorize the download.
5. Go back to the email and select the “Click to joint Zoom Meeting” and select “Open” from the pop-up.
6. Enter your first name and select “Continue”
7. Allow access to your Camera and Microphone so you physician can see and hear you.
8. Select “Join with Video” and “Call using Internet Audio”
9. You will then be connected to the session. Be sure your Video and Microphone buttons are not red. If they are red, you will to go to Settings > Zoom and allow access to both the microphone and camera.
If your doctor hasn’t joined yet, you will see the “Host is not in the meeting yet” message. We ask you please be patient and they will join shortly.
You can use the camera button at the top to swap between your front and back camera and use the “Leave” button to leave the call. (see the yellow box on the images below)
- At least five (5) minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, click the “Click to Join Zoom Meeting” link.
2. If you already have the Zoom app installed, you can click on “Join Meeting”.
3. If you do not already have the Zoom app installed, click on “Download for Google Play” or “Download from App Store” button and install it from your app store.
4. Once the app is installed, go back to your email and click the link again and this time
select “Join Meeting”.
5. You may be prompted to open links with Zoom, click “Just Once”.
6. When you first launch the app, it will ask you for video and microphone permissions, select “Allow” on these pop up screens.
7. If you download the Zoom app ahead of time (which we recommend); A few items to check for optimal experience:
When you open the Zoom app, select the gear icon in the top left corner to go to “Settings” and select “Meeting”
8. In the Meeting Settings make sure the following settings are set:
Auto-Connect to Audio: Use Internet
Always Mute My Microphone: Off
Always Turn Off My Video: Off
Safe Driving Mode: Off
9. Be sure both Audio and Video are enabled and do not have a red slash through them. If you denied access on the previous step, you will need to go to your profile picture, then settings, and adjust your audio and visual settings to allow access to your phone camera and microphone.
You must have a front facing camera and microphone to use this option.
- Go back to the email and select the “Click to join Zoom Meeting” and select “Open” from the pop-up.
- Enter your name and select “Continue”
- Allow access to your Camera and Microphone so your physician can see and hear you.
- Select “Join with Video” and “Connect with Internet Audio”