One Common Goal
From the first phone call you receive from our staff to your very last doctor’s visit, everyone you meet has the same goal in mind – getting you back to what you love.
A dedicated Patient Education Coordinator will be with you every step of the way to answer any question you may have about your procedure, care or therapy needs. Your coordinator is trained and experienced in orthopaedics, and is available to answer questions before, during or after your stay. The Patient Education Coordinator works closely with your physician, therapists and nursing staff to communicate your concerns and be there for you throughout the entire process.
Quality Meets Cost
OrthoNebraska is a leader is joint replacements, doing more of these surgeries each year than any other hospital in the Omaha metro area. Not only are we experts at what we do, but the hospital also places a strong emphasis on meeting the highest standards while providing affordable, quality care.
OrthoNebraska is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, receiving the Gold Seal of Approval. The Joint Commission is the premier credentialing organization within health care. The hospital also maintains disease specific certification in both Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement. Accreditation and the Gold Seal means that as a hospital we have met the highest standard for patient care. In addition, the hospital is routinely recognized for low infections rates and patient satisfaction scores that surpass both state and national levels.
- Other OrthoNebraska services include:
- Inpatient Surgery
- Outpatient Surgery
- Emergency Services
- Sports Medicine
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
At OrthoNebraska, you can expect:
- Education classes about the procedure and the hospital before your surgery.
- A private room with television, wireless internet access, telephone and private bathroom with shower.
- A menu of meal options for even the pickiest of eaters and free meal coupons for patient guests.
- A patient handbook to guide you through the entire process.
- Overnight accommodations for a guest.
- Specialized therapists to help you adapt to your new joint at your own pace.
- Care that quickly gets you back home to your own environment.
- Education opportunities for your caretakers or loved ones.
- Staff that anticipates your needs and addresses your concerns.
- The latest in technology and procedures.