About the Survey
All ratings are submitted by actual patients and are verified by a leading independent patient satisfaction company, National Research Corporation. National Research Corporation administers the survey and provides the technology to display ratings and comments on our provider profiles and practice pages.
Who receives the survey?
The survey is offered via email and phone to each OrthoNebraska patient who has seen a provider in our clinic within a few days following their appointment, Patients are asked to complete a survey once per year and provide comments regarding specific aspects of care. We use this feedback to improve and enhance the care we offer.
Do you post all comments?
We are committed to transparency. Both positive and negative comments are posted, with these exceptions:
- Offensive, slanderous, libelous or profane language
- Names or detailed descriptions that jeopardize patient privacy/confidentiality
- Comments about other providers, departments or instances of care
What questions do we ask?
OrthoNebraska asks ten questions to each patient being surveyed. They are as follows. However, only the bolded question is used to calculate each star ranking. The ratings are converted from an 11 point (0-10) to a 5-point (1-5 star) scale.
- Please tell us who referred you to OrthoNebraska.
- Were you able to schedule an appointment with this provider as soon as you needed?
- Did the care providers give you enough information about your health and treatment?
- Did the care providers listen carefully to you?
- Was your wait time reasonable?
- Overall, how would you rate the scheduling & reception staff from 0-10?
- Overall, how would you rate the clinical staff from 0-10?
- Using any number from 0 to 10, where 0 is the worst provider possible and 10 is the best provider possible, what number would you use to rate this provider?*
- How likely would you be to recommend this facility to your family and friends from 0-10?
- What else would you like to say about your experience? Open-ended comments
Which providers are included in the ratings?
Only OrthoNebraska practice providers are included as those physicians have made a commitment to transparency for potential patients.
Why don’t we see patient ratings and comments for everyone?
Industry best practice is clear that more data provides a more accurate picture. That’s why we require a minimum of 30 completed patient surveys per provider before we post a provider’s rating. Over time, with more surveys received on an ongoing basis, the number of rated providers will increase.
Can anyone complete a survey or post a comment about a provider?
No. Only patients having an outpatient visit by a OrthoNebraska provider may be selected to receive a survey. The results are based entirely from patients who have actually been treated by the provider.
How is patient information protected?
Patient names are not displayed through the online ratings and commentary reviews. All personally identifiable information is removed prior to display.
How are subspecialty (body part) and location ratings calculated?
These ratings are calculated by averaging the individual ratings of the providers who practice at that location or practice significantly in that subspecialty. Each location will then display the star rating of that practice location.